A Bit About Me

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Technology Integration Organization Initiative: Washington, DC

Having recently relocated to the Washington, DC area, I've realized that we're a little short on local education chapters....particularly in terms of an ISTE affiliate organization that caters to local professionals. In a way, I feel as though I've been a little spoiled for the last few years. Let's face it. Teaching in Philadelphia, one has access to the Pennsylvania Association for Educational Communications and Technology (PAECT). Teaching in Charlotte, one has access to the North Carolina Technology in Education Society (NCTiES).

In Washington, DC, we have access to..........?

This is a bit of an anomaly to me as a technology educator.
Let's take a look at the numbers.

Washington DC has a population of roughly 618,000, roughly the same population as the state of Vermont; a state that has an ISTE affiliate (VITA-Learn).

So, in an effort to get more involved with like-minded professionals in my local arena, I'll be attending a Meetup in two weeks.

DCEd Tech Meetup

My hopes in attending this meeting are two-hold. One is that I'm looking forward to a great professional development and networking session. Two is that I'm hopeful that together, we can work towards creating a organization to support the educational technology needs of professionals in the Washington, DC area.

Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment