A Bit About Me

Monday, July 1, 2013

Prepping for first-ever #girlsintechchat

On July 2nd from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. EST, I'll be hosting a Twitter chat called #girlsintechchat. The goal is to pull together ideas and resources for getting more girls interested in pursuing careers in a Technology field. In this day and age, something just seems wrong about having Technology as a field that boys run. I've personally been a fan of Technology, in particular gaming since I was 5 years old, when my older brother taught me how to play Mario Brothers.

By getting more girls in the mix within their K-12 careers, we're more likely to see diversity in the workplace, and a stronger prospect of gender equality. In today's society where a man's salary outranks that of a woman's the majority of the time, it's important that we teach our girls that equality is a goal worth striving for. By leveling the playing field on the Technology front, I hope that this prospect, this idea of equality in the workplace is something that can be achieved sooner, rather than later.

Since this will be the first #girlsintechchat I'll be seeking input as to the preferred time and date of future #girlsintechchat. Please complete the survey below, so that a regular time/date can be set for future chats.


Thanks so much,

#girlsintechchat Time/date preference Survey

No comments:

Post a Comment